Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend Summary

Tiffany spent the night with Joy Friday night. I took all the kids to watch Madagascar 2 at the dollar movie (I know I'm a cheap date). The popcorn cost more than the movie. My kids were singing "I like to move it, move it" all weekend. Saturday morning, we took Tiffany home and went to Greensboro for Collin's pictures. On our way home we had to call 911 because we were behind a drunk driver. By the time they switched me over to the highway patrol the guy had hit a tree head on in a yard about 2 miles from our house. It was a terrible thing for my children to witness, but a great opportunity to teach them about drinking and driving. They both prayed for the man when we went to bed that night. They spent the rest of the day playing with their cousin, Gregory. After a great service on Sunday morning, we came home and had lunch. By the time I got the dishes cleaned it was time for me and Natalie to leave to go to the Wake Forest game. They were playing Boston College. Wake started pulling away with about 6 minutes left on the clock, so Natalie and I decided to leave so we could make it to church (We were late after witnessing to a homeless man in the parking lot at the game). Our friend, Roger, was there speaking. He did a great job! Several people went up for prayer afterwards for salvation and then half the church got prayed for to have a deeper love with God. We all need that! I don't think you can be too close to God. Before we left, Roger gave Joy and Natalie each a flattened out penny that had the ten commandments on it. We are going to try to punch a hole through it to make a necklace for the girls to wear to school. We were sad that we didn't get to talk to Lance on his birthday Sunday. We did call his cell phone and sing Happy Birthday on his voice mail. Natalie sang to him in Spanish afterwards. He turned 30 years old. Lance, you are a wonderful person and we are proud to have you as a part of our family. Oh, I almost forgot, Collin finally started taking whole milk Saturday night. He's only been drinking whole milk (no formula) since then and so far no problems. Yea Collin! Now we need to transition to a sippy cup.

3 comments:

  1. Collin should get a bottle for as long as he wants. His wants are his needs right? Plus he is so cute you would not want to upset him by taking his bottle away. {grin}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an eventful weekend, makes me tired just reading about it. And, you have the most precious kids EVER. Collin is the cutest little boy I've ever laid eyes on. I miss my neices and nephew, start praying that Lance will make a few good bonuses so we can just cash out in NC!! Love you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the voicemail ! Especially the part with Nat singing in Spanish. I need to figure out how to record it and upload it onto the blog...was too CUTE !!

    Lance

    ReplyDelete